Friday, March 26, 2010

Road Less Traveled

Photo Courtesy of Greenopia.com



It's funny how loss leaves such a profound imprint. The departure of one life leaves a weight on the heart of others. I didn't sleep much last night. I just couldn't. Seeing you struggle and knowing how much you wanted to live haunts me. Life afforded us the opportunity to get closer in your last months and I hope that I was able to bring you some joy. My heart is heavy and I will miss you. Life is such a joyous mystery that delivers earth shattering grief and amazon abundance, sometimes in one swoop. Our journey together ends here; you are taking a new path and I have to let you go but please know...know that you were loved and I hope that your last days here were filled with peace. I wish I would've said that to you more often.

No comments: