Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ADDICTION:

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

While I don't think I'm at point where if I ceased to buy things I would be debilitated by severe trauma I do believe that I have some sort of sickness. If I say no more shopping the urge creeps up on me like a thief in the night and makes me want it..things..everything. No more makeup I said so now I'm buying hair supplies like they are being discontinued. After a trip to my local Saks Outlet on Monday I should be full but NO. Today I went to the beauty supply store, I'm ordering more henna and I put on my coat twice after my initial beauty supply trip to go get more junk from another store. I am pleased to report that I took off my coat so the disaster was averted and it would have been a disaster because there's no way I would have left that store with only Shea Moisture. I totally get a rush from buying stuff.

No comments: