Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sensory Overload

What to say, what to say? Well I'm in the midst of a gift card overload. With this being the season of excess combined with a slowed economy everyone is sharing the love. YSL has a 20% off sale through the 20th, Sephora gave VIB'ers gift cards (mine was for 20 bucks) and Bloomingdales and Saks offered the same. Anywho, all of this ordering has me thinking about the fact that I have no job...but I digress because the purpose of this post is to share some of my lessons of '09 *is it really almost over* as well as share some of my favorite things (hey if Oprah won't do it someone must).
First order of business, what has this year taught me? TO LET GO. I hold to things: personal items, emotional baggage, hurt feelings, dysfunctional relationships...really everything. This year I really worked on leaving things in my past and though I'm not "healed" yet, I've made marked improvements. I've accepted that I'm a little kooky and that's okay. I've forgiven my transgressions and stepped outside of myself to get my career off and running. That was no easy feat but somehow it was easy, get it? I'm excited about spending the season with my family because we didn't do Christmas together last year and by golly, I'm almost done shopping. But enough about this crap, let review some of my favorite things. In light of the season, this will include things I have as well I things I've requested of Santa.

1. Mac Ruby Woo lipstick - I'm a fiery vixen in this and I love it
2. Mac Cultured Lipglass - How much do I love this, let me count the ways
3. YSL Pur Gloss in Fuschia- Just the perfect bit of color
4. Burts Bees Lip Balm in Pomegrante and EOS Lip Balm - Because my lips demand moisture
5. The Body Shops' Vitamin E Face Mist- This keeps this oily girl moisturized not oily
6. Sweet Almond Oil - Literally changed my life (along with my desert essence facial cleanser)
7. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat - Can you say quick dry to the max?
8. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - All the coverage I need, and even I if need more *rolling eyes* its all the coverage I want
9. Stila eye shadow in Kalahoo- favorite matte eye EVER
10. Stila face brush in #21

Now onto my Santa Baby list
1. Violight Travel Toothbrush Sanitzer
2. Jurlique Love Balm
3. YSL Lipstick in Sweet Honey (gift to me)
4. Boots, Boots and More Boots

----




As usual I've gone bone dry, but hey baby we promised to keep things casual right?
Until next time, enjoy this moment for it will never come again.

1 comment:

Violight said...

let us know if you end up picking up a Violight toothbrush sanitizer!

- Team Violight