Sunday, August 19, 2012

Neutrality

Awakened from a slumber that can only be described as a lazy haze, I am back brimming with something. We won't describe something, nor shall I give it any qualifiers because I'm not sure what it is. I am only certain that it is. And when something is, you must acknowledge it even if its appears in a murky periphery. Still I am excited to create a list. List are good for me. It allows me to keep track of what to do and motivates me to keep going, seeing the fruit of my accomplishments being wiped off, line by line. I had a 30 before 30 list. A burden of things to do before I turned 30, things that would make me feel happy and complete. I have no idea where the list is now but I'm certain that I've missed the mark on most of the goals. Then I created a bucket list. Seemingly the safe choice even as my age advances, it appears that I still have many years of living provided I don't drop unexpectedly, leaving my list to mock me even in death. Yeah, a bucket list seems safe, plenty o time. Fuck time. I don't have any. You rely on time to push away dreams claiming it's abundant, then you use it's passing as an excuse because it's suddenly too late. I kid. But not really. Let us not forget though, time is indeed neutral. We will rest in the very place we are if we don't make efforts to change, grow, learn, whatever. Didn't Dr. King teach you anything? I will use time as a motivator and create another list. It must be done. 35 before 35. Get some.

No comments: