Saturday, December 10, 2011

Who I May Never Be

I may never be a wife or a mother. I was once a fiance' and learned quickly that your dreams can suffocate you. I may never lose another pound. Maybe this is it. I may never again be the life of the party or the woman who's life is constantly morphed by the words of Oprah. I may never love as hard as I did the first time, maybe as deep but not as hard. I may never stop the tape in my head that makes jokes from things most find inane or sad or frightening. I may never feel full at the table of friendship. Maybe I'll never leave NY, trapped forever in this sick relationship. On second thought, maybe I will. Maybe I'll always think of the right things to say at the wrong time. Maybe...just maybe.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

maybe one day i'll be able to afford the clothes you post. LOL

JairMadison said...

Me too!