Thursday, July 1, 2010

That's What I'm Looking For

You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

Billy Joel laid the words and his version I do adore but Barry White makes me want to laze in hot springs with the one I love. You see, the person who loves who you are and not who they want you to be or what you can/may be one day is the one you want to invest in. We busy ourselves trying to sound the smartest with opening lines that request occupation information and academic history. Then we try to impress one another with our knowledge of the important and mundane while balancing a cocktail in one hand, telephone in the other. But...

I don't want clever conversation
I don't want to work that hard

Who you are will reveal itself as we peel back the layers. For now, I just want to see your smile and hear your laugh. So three cheers to Barry White because he didn't write it but he made it ring home for me.
RIP Barry White.


No comments: